Saturday, March 26, 2005

CFO's R US

My company is going through some changes, people coming into the company, people moving around in the company, and people leaving. One of the people leaving is our current Executive VP/CFO. I wondered how long it would take to fill her position, and what the search would entail.

Earlier this week, we met our interem CFO at a lunch for the accounting department. When he got up to talk, he said he was part of a group of current and former corporate CFOs who provided companies with a person to fill that position on a temporary or permanent basis. I'm thinking to myself, this is like a temp company for high level corporate types. CFO's R US... And it can be temp to hire, some of the people stay with their temporary positions at the request of the companies who needed their services.

I did some temp work back in college and after, and it even started me on the path to my current position. Never did my temp company call me up and say, hey, would you like to work at XYZ company as their temporary CFO? Be in charge for a while? Nope, never happened. But now I know, they have their own group or service. Things you learn...

No comments: