Monday, April 20, 2009

Outback adventures

The last few times I've gone out on adventure with Riley, we went exploring in the open space just north of my house. The first couple times, the late afternoon sun sparkled on the irrigation water and a light breeze blew the short and tall grasses. Riley, both on leash and off, was a trooper, following or leading, sniffing and exploring, and having a good time jumping over the waters, getting lost in the high grass, and following the other little dog that joined us.

This weekend, after all the vast quantities of snow and rain, we went snow-shoeing around my front yard and over into the open space. Riley Dog followed the trail we blazed and got soaking wet needing a brisk toweling when we got back in the house. I had so much fun tromping through the heavy wet snow and climbing on the snow banks left by the snow plows. Both me and Riley needed a nap when we got home.

No comments: