Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lunchtime Musings

I made a totally nostalgic purchase yesterday at lunch. I went into the EB by the shop I got lunch at, and I got myself a “previously played” copy of The Dukes of Hazzard racing game.

When I was little, I loved this show. I would watch it every week, and after every show, I would write to John Schneider and tell him how great the show was. I had a photo of John , a black and white 4x6, “autographed” that I toted around with me in a little wicker basket. I even snuck into my mother’s closet and borrowed her strappiest high heel shoes and pretended I was Daisy Duke. Ah, to be 9 again.

At any rate, the game is pretty fun, and even tho I’m really good at racing games, I’m not so good at them on the Dual Shock controller (but the analog stick is easier to use than the buttons) And you get to hear voices from the show and get to go over ramps and do the General Lee horn sound. So for my ten bucks, it was worth the ride.

2 comments:

girlzoot said...

I want to say something here, but I'm not quite sure what would fit the bill, help me out here.

Joy said...

I'm sure you've got something to say about the John Schneider reference and my penchant for falling for a pretty face... Tom Wopat is ruggedly handsome, tho, saw him in _Annie Get Your Gun_ a few years ago with Twitch.