Saturday, January 29, 2005

Musical wanderings

Earlier this week, Bowling for Soup played at a local venue. Well, I didn't have tickets, and as I'm getting old and set in my ways, I have a hard time going to shows on a work night. But the guys from BFS were on my radio station in the afternoon for a quick interview. They played two or three songs and then Bo asked them to play a couple of sit-com theme songs.

They then played Gilligan's Island (a three hour tour...) and then they played The Dukes of Hazzard (Just the good ole boys, never meaning no harm...). Aww, I had forgotten the good ole boys song... and the deep subliminal messages imbedded into the music made some post-hypnotic suggestion to me and being as I am easily convinced to do something I already want to do, I went to my local DVD store and bought the Dukes of Hazzard Season One on DVD. And Season Two. And the Bowling for Soup cd - A Hangover You Don't Deserve.

So my nostalgia has been completely sated, as I spent many hours perusing the episodes where John Schneider was eighteen and just as cute as I remember. I don't remember their shirts off quite so much (but it's still nice) and I don't remember how terribly cute John's smile was. Or how um, well, dumb (for lack of a better word) his character was written. Ah well, it was still quite fun. Although yee-haw is still ringing in my head and I'm sure I'm going to be saying y'all a mite more than normal next week...

No comments: