Sunday, April 17, 2005

What do you want to drink?

When out to eat, you invariably get asked what you want to drink. And more than anything right now I want to have a Coke, nice brown fizzy drink, filled with sugar and caffeine, two of my favorite things. Two things that I have given up to follow this new healthy plan.

So when the nice waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I said "I want a Coke, but I'll have a water, please."

So when she comes back, she brings me a water and a Coke and two straws. "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't have the Coke, I meant I wanted one but I really can't have one."

The waitress was cool with it, she said she'd drink it and then took it away.

Later, she comes back and says that she didn't mean to tease me, and perhaps I'd like a diet Coke.

"No, thank you, I can't have the caffeine. And I can't have a Sprite because it has the sugar... so the water will be fine, thanks."

All in all it was a pleasant experience, except the moment I wanted to leap across the table and pour the Coke, ice and all, down my throat all in one gulp. That was a bit startling, and even so, it was kinda funny.

So must be careful what I ask for, I just may get it...

1 comment:

Kevyn said...

That is why I love Vodka.