Sunday, October 29, 2006

Last Dance


Thursday and Friday night Cabaret Diosa played their 'last shows ever on Earth' at the Boulder Theater. This year's Halloween theme was Willy Juanka and the Cha Cha Factory.

Many of the old songs came out for one last time. Tonight You Will Be Mine, Banana Rum, Hat's on Fire, Baby Wants to Mambo, Mambo Verde and Mambo Cave all brought back memories and got me dancing.

It's strange to think it's over. After 11 years of playing (I 'discovered' them about halfway through their run) the band decided to go their separate ways.

I'm happy for them. They got to go out in grand Cabaret Disoa style, with good hair and great music surrounded by devoted fans who all left wanting more.

Juan Del Queso told us that The New Electric Eden isn't a physical place; it is in our hearts and minds and we can go back any time we want. Pablo de Gallo reminded me that There is a place that you can go to dance where the music always plays.

I believe them.

!All Hail the Mighty Mambo!

4 comments:

Sunrunner said...

Even though I'm sure it was sad that this was their last shows, I hope you had fun!!!!

girlzoot said...

It was great to be with you in the beginning, and in the end.

Joy said...

Sunrunner: I had a blast. It was a fitting end to a crazy ride.

Joy said...

GirlZoot: I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you.