Sunday, March 04, 2007

Scary Night

I found out this afternoon my uncle passed out twice this weekend. This evening, he went in for brain surgery. He is now out of surgery. My cousin in Brasil, four hours ahead, is laying awake waiting for a call from her mom to let her know if her dad made it through surgery.

My aunt, who is generally the rock around which the family revolves, is frightened. We are all grateful he came through the surgery, but the future is still uncertain. But isn't it always?

2 comments:

Sunrunner said...

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I spent most of February sick! I hope your uncle is doing OK!

Joy said...

I hope you're feeling better, too! My Uncle is doing well, he's still in the hospital but out of ICU. He's going to be there for a bit longer. Thanks for your good thoughts.