Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bands on the Bricks


P7110126
Originally uploaded by Arcadiajoy
Last night a friend and I went to Bands on the Bricks in Boulder. Onda played two sets of Latin rhythms and melodies between 7 and 9pm.

We had a lot of fun checking out the dancers, moms & dads with their kids, smiling couples, teenagers, and independent spirits. I admit, I was snarky at times, what with a fashion faux pas or twelve. There was one guy with a shirt of little skulls and a giant neon yellow skull on the back. Maybe it was just too busy for me, but wow. One free spirit showed more skin than probably truly necessary, but she certainly was enjoying herself. One guy wore Wolverine on his shirt. That was cool.

I loved watching the hairstyles, on ladies or gentlemen, and got a few interesting shots. We did see some punks at the end of the night, but it was too dark to catch the shot so far away. One kid had a periwinkle Mohawk in big spikes. "

To tell the truth, live music really makes me happy. Occasionally it makes me a bit nostalgic; last night I thought of two years ago in August when I last saw my favorite band outside under the Boulder sky. Onda's music was similar, and the crowd seemed nearly as excited. I smiled and turned my camera back on the dancing fools before me and after a moment, joined them.

No comments: