Saturday, September 20, 2008

The big move

Today starts a marathon of moving in my world. Well, actually, last night did, when after a few cocktails for me, Clark and I put together two sets of industrial shelves and moved two other shelves (the latter with Mom's help) to fill out my shelving needs. Whee, I've got a ton of storage space now, and will fill it before the day is through.

Today, Clark's coming back to help move the rest of the garage and small items out of my apartment. He will be joined by my faithful friends Glender and DJ, with a possible cameo appearance by GirlZoot. Mom already has snacks and sandwich fixings at the new place and we're raring to go. Except that I'm currently still in my PJs waiting for the dry wall dude to show up. Cabinet man never showed. He said call if it was a no go, so we didn't call.

Sunday, Toni and Ange, two of my bowling buddies, are going to come over and bat cleanup for any remaining stuff. Amazing!

Monday the movers come and bring the furniture and books, and any other large heavy things (like the TV, which I suppose is sort of furniture, but sort of not).

Neways, exciting days ahead. Once moved, we've got the old apartment to clean, then all the boxes to UNpack after we so carefully packed them. Fun times all around. Luckily I have the entire week off.

And Wednesday, I've decided we're going bowling in the evening. Just to get out of the house.

No comments: