Saturday, September 20, 2008

Move Update

Well, it was a very successful day moving. Glender and DJ came over while Clark and I were filling up his truck. (GirlZoot did not make it due to her busy schedule but I'm looking forward to perhaps seeing her tomorrow).

We ran one run over then I headed out to pick up my car with the dolly in it (didn't drive after my cocktails last night). We had lunch and DJ took off to his regularly scheduled weekend. Glender, Mom, Clark, and I went down into the basement (crawl space really) to check out the insulation situation (on walls but not on ceiling. I got the cash for Glender I owed her, and she helped us load up Clark's truck and Mom's car again before leaving.

After several more loads, Clark and I are much better acquainted (I rode with him as navigator each trip and helped load and unload) and the apartment looks mostly moved except the major furniture and some odds and ends (kitchen stuff, food in fridge, freezer and pantry, bike, cleaning supplies, etc).

The drywall in the garage has been repaired and the cabinets look amazing in the garage and the medicine cabinet is installed. Whoot!

It appears that most of my stuff (except the furniture, will fit in the garage as a launch zone. The furniture moves on Monday and the freezer arrives Tuesday morning.

Fun fun fun! I'm so excited!

No comments: