Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cold Weather Crocheting

It snowed Friday night, as I was finishing up with a blanket I'm making for my young cousin. Since then, I've been out to the garage more times than I can count, getting more yarn and colors and trying to find a new (relatively easy) blanket pattern to make. I think I found one in a former co-worker's crocheting magazine from the early 90s; though I had to look up how to make a popcorn stitch. That, and I'm modifying it to make it a lap blanket instead of a baby blanket. Not that I'm giving up my waves blankets (which I love making), just wanted to try something different.

I also found the cutest flowers that I decided to make and stitch onto the aforementioned blanket I made for Caity. I've got a skein of yellow left over from that project so I'm making over a dozen little 1 1/2 inch flowers to decorate the pink stripes on the blanket. Oh, and I'm making two 'doll' blankets, and although Caity doesn't really play with dolls, her T-Rex and African Dog will be warm and flowered.

No comments: