Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Postie Post Post

It feels like I have been sadly neglecting my blog. Mostly because I have some great ideas about what to blog and no posts to show for it. Ah well, here’s a quick post at any rate.

Sunday was Book and Lover’s Day. A bittersweet day for me, as it will be the last time it will be held at the Tattered Cover in Cherry Creek. They are moving their flagship store to the newly renovated Historic Lowenstein Theater in June. I’ve been assured that it is a lovely new location for my cherished bookstore. Change is, and I will certainly shop at the new location, it will just take a while to feel like home.

At any rate, I bought some yummy books (less than last year even!) and enjoyed the day with my friend Girlzoot, her new beau, and my mom. Ice cream, books, and a nap, what a lovely rounding out of a spectacularly beautiful and clear Spring day in Colorado.

Here’s the list of the books I bought:

100 Love Sonnets by Pablo Neruda
The Tale of Desperauex by Katherine DiCamillo
Eats Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
Lamb by Christopher Moore
The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
The Best New American Voices 2005 ed. John Kulka, Natalie Danford, and Francine Prose
Shardik by Richard Adams

And now all I want to do is read... ah, books.

2 comments:

girlzoot said...

booktacular books

GeraniumSA said...

Bookie books? New crispy books? How yummy!