Saturday, April 08, 2006

Random Jack of Kindness

On Tuesday I got a call at my desk at work and a nice lady at the other end said she wanted to bring pizza to my office. Who was I to say no? I had registered on Jack 105.5 FM to win a lunch for my office like the day before. It was really cool!

Being the slightly paranoid bundle of joy that I am, I double checked the caller ID number before I let my department know that pizza was coming. Once I was sure, I checked with my manager (she said free food is always welcome) and then sent out my massive email.

The department has grown more than I thought and I estimated 35 people for pizza and wings. When the time came, there was a large line to the conference room. I got a t-shirt and a nifty certificate and everyone said I should go first. Well, I'm not much of a pizza person and my mom brought me a sandwich (we were supposed to have lunch anyway). Everyone came and went, and thanked me for getting the lunch (which was nice). In about 20 minutes nearly all the food was gone. I took a couple of slices to the security guard and the receptionist and brought one of the facility managing type people up for a slice. A couple of people came in for seconds, but it was pretty slim pickings.

Then my supervisor, my manger, and my director all came in about 30 minutes after the food arrived. There was like one wing left. I felt bad, they hadn't told me they were going to be in a meeting. I did say it was first come first serve. One of the other directors said not to feel bad, I brought joy to many other people. There was even a guy who always looks dour and he was smiling and laughing being personable and everything. So I shrugged it off. Not my fault.

So anyway, thank you to Jack 105.5 FM for a lovely Random Jack of Kindness. Now I just need to call them and leave them a message so they can play it on the radio *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you call? I haven't heard you on a station promo yet...

I

Joy said...

Yep, I called. I haven't heard it either.