Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Toothy Matter



Today, I went to the dentist to get a filling. I haven't had a filling since I can't remember when, but I was probably in high school. For those of you keeping score at home, that's been a few years. Anyway, my hygienist, Kaylee (she's very sweet and I love her name!), told me that she thinks that one of my tooth-colored fillings had chipped at the edge and they just needed to reseal it. It didn't hurt when she found it, so that was a good sign.

I got to the dentist today and within half an hour I had a new filling. The dentist didn't recommend anesthesia and I agreed. He told me I could stop him any time and get it numbed up if I wanted. He proceded to drill in my tooth, which sounded awful and loud, but didn't hurt a bit. He filled the hole with the funny smelling sealant stuff and was done before I even had a chance to think it might hurt. I had a completely painless procedure. Right now, I still can't believe it was so easy. Truthfully, I don't want another cavity. If I have to have one, I sure hope it is as easy as this one was.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Yay for pain-free dentistry!

Ian