Saturday, September 29, 2007

Grand Slam!



Mom and I went to the Rockies game against the Diamondbacks. The Rockies need to win all the rest of the regular season games to make it to the playoffs as the wild card. And we beat the Diamondbacks soundly today.

I haven't been to many games this year, but more than usual, which is generally one game. My aunt owns season tickets and she loves baseball. She recently had a surgical procedure that the doctor wouldn't release her to attend the game, so she gave the tickets to us. She was sorely disappointed to miss the game.

I had my little camera and I took some pictures, which I posted on Picassa as kind of an experiment. The picture above is of Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies Shortstop rookie, just before he takes a swing. At the time, I was taking a picture of his wide stance in the batting box. Just after I got the shot, he ripped one up the middle and made his first career grand slam. And the crowd went wild.

Heck of a game, and a beautiful night on top of it all.

No comments: