Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hanging with TJ

Friday night, I went to happy hour with Glender and TJ. Last week we all went to the comedy club, Witz End, for some live comedy. After drinks and some bar food, TJ and I went down to the little bar he frequents, Red's Pub. We spent the rest of the evening and some of the early morning there, shooting pool with a really cute machinist who taught me quite a bit about pool and even let me win while he was teaching me. TJ played some too (he didn't let me win, but I didn't expect it either). All in all, a good night. And TJ had some advice for me about my machinist which I will refrain from posting here, suffice it to say it was graphic and lewd (and just a bit funny).

Tonight TJ and I went to E-Town with the North Mississippi Allstars. We had fun at the taping; TJ hadn't been to an E-Town show before (not that Glender and I hadn't been trying to ask him for the last two years) and he enjoyed himself. The music rocked the house, and the cute young audio guy, Steve, had a good night as well (he's got nice hands).

On the bus ride up, TJ told me his current gal, who had declined to join him at E-Town, had called this afternoon. She got upset when she heard that 'a friend from work' was going with him and proceeded to grill him about me, was I a woman, did I have a boyfriend, did I think it was a date. He answered noncommittally on all but the first and it just upset her. Now, TJ and I have been co-workers for nearly 3 years, and friends for the last 2. He's cute and fun but we're co-workers. Not going there.

But I still told him, "Of course it's a date."

No comments: