Monday, January 28, 2008

Hear Hear

This weekend I spent at my mom's house recuperating from my otoplasty correcting my conductive hearing loss on Thursday morning. Everyone at the surgical center was really nice to me and as a special little surprise, the gown plugged into a heating unit, because it's always a little cold in the OR.

Right now, I can hear things I've never been able to hear before, and my ear is still packed with the antibiotic stuff holding everything in place so it can heal. And I have a tiny bone made of titanium in my head (bionic ear!).

I'm going back to work tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how I feel. Should be interesting, I'm talking much softer than ever because everything is echoing in my ears and I'll be able to hear when people talk to me. Hopefully my brain will get used to it sooner rather than later.

No comments: