Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Cleaning (in pieces)

I hate to admit it, but I'm not the tidiest person in the world. This is one of the things that drives me crazy about myself. I would love to have people over to my house, and not to be so uptight about it all, so I'm making an effort.

I've cleaned the kitchen, even under the stovetop where all the crumbs collect. And so far, it's nearly completely still clean. Yesterday, I worked on the porch, bringing out the bistro table and chairs, sweeping the concrete, and washing down the grill. The actual grill part of the grill is in my sink drying off after a good scrubbing. I spent most of my Sunday afternoon outside in the beautiful weather reading a book. I haven't done that in ages. Felt good.

Now I'm off to buy something fun for mom's birthday. Then back to reading my fascinating book. Not much of a wrap-up, but hey, can't win them all.

No comments: