Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Musings

Easter certainly came early this year. The official designation of when Easter occurs is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox. Well, the equinox was on 3/20, the full moon on 3/21, which makes today, 3/23, Easter 2008.

Yesterday I spent a throughly enjoyable afternoon and evening with GirlZoot and her beau playing MTG and Scene-It Disney version and Dominoes. We chatted, discussed writing, and ate the most splendid nachos and strawberry shortcake (there went my diet). Must needs I get my house in a semblance of order to host the next gaming Saturday at my humble abode.

Next week is pretty busy with the Wits End Comedy on Wednesday (comedy mid week, nothing better!) and Mia's Game Night in Boulder Friday night. I love game nights, fun is had by all.

I just finished (just in the last hour or so) Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. I'm still thinking about the themes and the presentation. What price happiness?

Random event last night, it snowed. I'm not certain we were expecting snow and it certainly didn't last that long, but wet white stuff fell from the sky and got all over my car and the porch (which I dutifully shoveled last night when I got home) and has now mostly melted. Bright and sunny outside here at noontime, but I imagine still rather cold.

Enough randomness for now. Catch you later!

No comments: