Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Having my writing read

Ok, I've been in writing groups in the past, and shared my writing with my fellow poets/storytellers. I sometimes needed a bit of encouragement to read my stuff out loud, but I always knew when I was sharing my work, and with whom.

Since I'm blogging my NaNoWriMo novel, I know that people are able to read it at any given time. I've given out the address to my friends and family for encouragement and to show what I've been working on all month (while holed away in my little apartment).

It is still the most surreal thing to me that unbeknownst to me at the time, people are actually reading it, and hearing a friend tell me that she wanted to shake one of my characters and say "Look, lady, you need to back off!" is both encouraging and so strange to me. I like it a lot, I think it's such a great medium to share practically instantly with the community. Still, it's strange to get a call from my mother at 10:30 at night asking if the different entrys are just very short chapters or what... But really cool to hear people talking about my work.

I can't wait to get back into the writing group groove again and read my fellow author's stuff, this is so encouraging, so fascinating, oh, I'm so tired.

Ni ni.

No comments: