Wednesday, November 03, 2004

NaNoWriMo day three

Ooh boy, I'm tired and it's not even past my bedtime...Too much excitement this week, and as usual, nothing's slowing down. I've got a full weekend, not exactly planned that way, but *shrug* all things I want to do.

I've been writing every day, and thinking about writing when I'm not actually doing it. If I started writing at work, I'd never get anything done there, and we're gearing up for fiscal year end (I AM in accounting, after all).

But I'm glad I'm not putting it off, I'm determined to get this novel written. Editing can start in December, but I'm getting down the spine and the muscles and ligiments together and worry about the flesh later. It'll be a creepy looking thing, now that I imagine my analogy, but I'll get over it *grin*

I'm currently having a lovely conversation with my mother regarding the recent election. Money for schools, who was elected, who's a bigot and why (ok that was mostly me), why some things got passed and shouldn't have...Ah well, at least I can talk to her about it (sometimes a bit loudly on both our parts).

Ok, time for that time honoured, best beloved, and most needed time of the day, the time where I put my head on a pile of fabric and buckwheat hulls and drift off into the land of dreams.

Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

girlzoot said...

At what stage precisely in your life did you realize you had a differing set of views with your mother? What did that mean to you at the time?

Joy said...

Hrm, essay question. It might have been when I was banned from a friend's house because I had just registered Republican and I was actually forced to look at it. Or it coulda been my first real election where I sat down with a small but brilliant group of friends and we discussed the issues like adults. But it might have been that time when I had my music on really loud and she came in and said for the love of all that's holy, turn that crap off and take the gum outta your mouth while you're at it...coulda been then, too. All it meant at the time was one more thing we disagreed on, what it means now is I'm the only voice of semi-reason in my family. (hey, can I count this as word count??)