Monday, November 29, 2004

Holiday Wishes

A bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving! Banana bread anyone??

My baby cousin, Caitlin, loved her new blanket that I crocheted for her baby shower. “Grandma” says she sleeps with it in her crib, and regularly kicks it off, just like we all did at her age. “Mama” says she loves how soft it is. Aww, warm fuzzies!

Thanksgiving was relatively peaceful; we brought our baby, Charlie, and nearly gave my aunt a coronary. But the dog was good and she didn’t chase the cats, mostly she made laps around the kitchen and dining room and tried to eat the cat food. Elmo, the scaredy cat, came out after everyone else had left and bapped Charlie on the nose. I was upset until I remembered that Elmo has no toenails and could really only sass my dog, which she didn’t even seem to notice, poor dear.

I even got some writing done, but I have yet to upload anything from this long weekend. I will be done tonight, huzzah! I am less than 2k away from my NaNo goal of 50k! But the story won’t be done, not by quite a bit. I think I made some good habits about writing every day, so even if I write less, it will still be good. I hope to have the manuscript done by March for NaNoEdMo, hehe. I imagine, taking into account what I’ve already written, that the finished first draft will be around 85-95k :) Not bad for a first draft!

No comments: