Friday, November 19, 2004

Inappropriate response

Today has been less than stellar in my world. I find that when one feels the need to cry 3 times in less than 24 hours for any reason at work, that day is on the down side. When one actually does cry, a frustrated, overwhelmed, panicky sort of crying, then truly one’s reached the pinnacle of bad form. V. bad form.

Tear stains on one’s shirt in important month end meeting, not appropriate.
Snapping at one’s v. understanding, gentle boss, definitely not appropriate.
Having snide joke in said meeting backfire, pissing off person with authority to sign off on finished invoices, priceless.

Overly emotional, everywhere you don’t want it to be.

I think I’m broken.

On the other hand, the people around me, including boss, care about me and send me funny pictures. And know I’m having a v. bad day and still treat me like I’m not stomping around, tossing my pens around, grumbling under my breath, and generally being beastly. Even when I say that yes, it’s good that it’s Friday because I’m buying silverware which doesn't make much sense, now does it.

1 comment:

girlzoot said...

Not broken, merely stalled.