Saturday, September 16, 2006

Business Trip Prep

Whee! Today I'm going about making lists, ironing clothes, figuring out what items need to be checked and which I can carry on all in preparation for my business trip next week. I actually leave tomorrow afternoon, so hence the running about today.

My department is sending me to beautiful Scottsdale AZ for a conference. I'm going to meet others in my field (which is fairly specialized to CPG companies) as well as folks from my parent company. There will be a presentation by our new software provider about the module we just implemented for my department (for which I'm busily troubleshooting and refining processes). I'm glad I got business cards a couple months back, they'll get a work out this week.

I also have time to bond with my current supervisor, who is the other attendee from our company. We have gotten along well over the last couple months since she joined our department. I'm hoping that the time together will be good for both of us. I know that I can learn a lot from her, and I hope that she can learn more about our specialized field from me.

When I get back, I'll let y'all know how it went. It's a short trip, so I'll see you soon!

4 comments:

Ian said...

We'll behave in your absence. We promise.

I

Sunrunner said...

I wish I could have gone with you!!!! Have fun! Cool new avatar!

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

Lastone: Missed you, too!! I'll be back next week (then gone again on Vacation).

Ian: Bet you got lots done :)

Sun: It was lovely, very warm, and beautiful in a completely different way... I was feeling like a Browncoat so I changed my avatar :)