Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years ago

This morning I woke up to the song stylings of Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.

Five years ago tonight, I sat in a new hottub, listening to Mr. Greenwood and watching the Twin Towers fall over and over again on every channel.

The Towers of Light are on in NYC tonight, still the only thing to have risen from ground zero.

I just heard on the news that it takes 7 to 10 years to get over a sudden and tragic loss.

Today I had an active and exciting day, and tonight, after finally being alone for the first time since early this morning, I'm experiencing an admixture of at two very different griefs, one very public and shared, the other very private, yet on some level shared.

Just reflecting in a scattered, disjointed kind of way.

2 comments:

Rose said...

J, this post was so depressing, I don't really even have anything to say about it! :(

Joy said...

Lastone: Thanks, I'm glad you appreciated it.

Rose: Most days things are on an even keel in my world. Monday really was a good day, just had some deep feelings tossed in.