Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend over

The weekend has officially ended, and on a good note.

Friday evening, I had a good time at my nephew's birthday party. He looked very happy and had a good time with family and friends. We all whipped out our cell phones and called his new phone so he could add the numbers in his address book.

Saturday was extremely quiet, I did a lot of stuff around the house, projects I needed to start or finish, stuff like that. Both kitties enjoyed me being home, and I spent time playing with or petting on them on and off. Watched Labyrinth and Arabian Nights in the background.

Sunday, quiet again, until I got myself going around 2. Made my way to Mom's, where we ended up playing cribbage and watching part of Meet the Fockers (which was much funnier than I expected, all the hype notwithstanding).

After the movie watching, I went over to GirlZoot's and got my game fix for a couple days. We played a quick and dirty hand of Magic, then 3 rounds of Mexican Dominoes (also called Train Dominoes among others). The Boy joined us and we had a rousing time of wit and banter as well as game-y goodness. Three hands of Hearts followed where I got to take the Queen at least once (after I gave it away no less). I always enjoy playing games at GirlZoot's or my kitchen table. I think it's my turn next (whenever they can make it up in my neighborhood).

Today (well, yesterday now) I did some more around the house, with the added benefit of a partner in crime. We managed two meals out, the laundry, the bills, the sheets, and the carpets. Whew!

Overall, a very relaxing weekend, with lots of down time (which I needed more than I realized). I may have to take another day off sometime this month (before my weeklong vacation in October for which I will need to be forgiven). And next weekend, we're off to see the wee one for a few hours at least. We didn't make it to see her this weekend, but since she just got home Friday, I'm sure her parents are looking forward to having some time to adjust.

See you in the world.

2 comments:

Joy said...

It didn't feel like a lot. I did get caught up on some back blogging so several days may have seemed to blend into one :)

Take your nap and I'll see you on Monday!!

Sunrunner said...

I'm glad you had fun!!! I had an extra day off last weekend, and I already wish I could have another one!!! Myabe it's because I'm back at work.