Saturday, September 23, 2006

Day of Projects

This week pretty much flew by. My trip to Scottsdale AZ was quite lovely. The weather was quite hot (well into the 90s). We stayed at a lovely resort with no less than three pools (and me w/o my bathing suit!), ate copious amounts of resort food (and drank quarts of grapefruit juice... yummy!), and even learned a little along the way. It was amazing to be in the same room with a large group of people who understand the work I do and can get excited about it. I won't bore you with the details, but the job I do is a specialized niche of accounting that generally only CPG (consumer packaged goods) companies have to deal with.

Today, I'm planning on getting some projects if not finished, at least started. I have stuff I'm doing for the band for their final shows (which makes me a bit sad), more along the lines of personal projects I've wanted to do for years and just never made it a priority. I've also got a few things around the house to do, so I'll just have to see how much I can get done.

On another note, I received my free* Day Timer leather binder with all the inserts and accoutrements I recently ordered last night. It came with samples of all sorts of different pages, including graph paper! Now I need to get the phone book tabs and I'll be set. Most of my contacts are in my email program or on my Palm (yes, I have both a paper and an electronic planner, I'm finding out what will work best for me as I have used both to varying degrees of success) but I learned from the Laura Stack, the Productivity Pro, to use the alpha tabs in the phone book as a filing system in the planner as well as a phone book. Since there are some very exciting opportunities coming up at work, I want to work hard on my productivity and my organization to give myself that extra boost.

In my slightly scattered way, I just checked my queue in the midst of writing this post. My next movies coming from Netflix are quite exciting, and the tv show is one I've been waiting to see all year (since I don't get WB on my rabbit ears). Netflix is my compromise with myself regarding visual entertainment. I just cannot justify the $40+ a month for cable for me and my kitties, when I have so much else I should do (writing, reading, projects). So I get my movies, fit them in when I can, and call it good. I'm sure I've ranted this before, but I do feel strongly about it (and I can get digital cable at Mom's whenever the urge strikes).

Off to check the mail and get working on those projects.


* with purchase of a year of inserts and S&H, still a good deal overall.

No comments: