Sunday, September 10, 2006

Good things about today

A nice quiet day today.

First off, when I was out cleaning my car (it's going in for repairs next week), I heard distant bells. In a few moments, the familiar melody of an ice cream truck came around the bend. I saw the tiny truck drive by, and nearly flagged it down to buy a drumstick or a pushup pop. It rounded the bend and its little melody followed it before I could give in to its haunting lure.

Later, after a flash thunder and hail storm, in the freshly washed air, I found a perfectly golden leaf clinging to my car window. As I drove to the rest of my errands, I passed a golf course. The late summer storm had left a snowy white covering on just the greens.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I'll try to be less clean in the future. Missed you tonight.