Thursday, August 17, 2006

Book thingy

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions:

Don't you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest, then tag three people.

I always get all tense about the tagging, reminds me of the chain letters from bygone years... Feel free to join in the fun.

Caveat - closest book to my computer isn't exactly light entertaining reading...

Find More Time by Laura Stack

Pests are the time wasters and robbers that keep you from being able to accomplish your goals. They are obstacles in your path. My handheld phone/PDA allows me to access e-mail from anywhere; it is a time-saver during the workday and while traveling, but it is a pest when I'm fiddling with it while I'm supposed to be enjoying my son's T-ball game. Sleeping in on the weekend may be a necessary luxury if you've had a hectic week with little sleep, but it becomes a pest when being too lazy on a Saturday morning keeps you from accomplishing the tasks you set out to do.

Hrm... now I'm reading the rest of the chapter... maybe it will help.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Done.

Joy said...

Difficult is nothing for a meme :) they're fun!

Joy said...

Technical definition of meme: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture

Practical definition of meme: these little things on our blogs that everyone picks up and does. Can be a quiz, an activity (like this one), a list you fill out with your own information, etc.

They tend to circulate around the blogsphere.

Does that help?