Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Legendary 4 Nikators

I missed Tuesday! What was I doing that I missed Tuesday; I was on such a roll!

Oh, I worked late and got a haircut... so I got home late from that and went pretty much to bed.

Tonight Glender and I went to see the Legendary 4 Nikators at Bands on the Bricks in front of the Boulder Court House. It was fun, I got to dance, and sing, to 50's 60's and 70's dance music, be loud and generally make a fool of myself (which I am wont to do when left to my own devices). Glender had a good time out on the dance floor while I mostly stayed to the side, behind the speakers where it was slightly less loud. The band had fun and they had several members (bass, guitar, two keyboards, and sax, plus female lead vocals and lots of guest musicians and singers).

People watching at these events is always a hoot. The couple next to me was fun. The gentleman wanted to stay to the end, while the lady kept trying to get him to leave for the last half of the show. At one point he asked if I had a dollar and as I don't generally carry cash, I couldn't oblige him. Anyway, at one point he and his ladyfriend (wife, girlfriend, lover, I didn't ask) were smoking a hand rolled cigarette of unknown origin. I don't recall sensing any extra-legal materials burning, but I could have missed it easily...

Neways, it's off to bed for this tired dancing fool.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Remind me to show you my internal editor avatar sometime, she quits her job whenever there's any extra-legal material partaking (not that I've EVER done that...)