Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday at the Library

Well, ok, it wasn't exactly at the library, but I parked at the library, does that count? It's a very lovely building, the Boulder Public Library, and I enjoyed parking there close to the creek and all. While I have dozens of books at my house that are begging to be read, I still could have passed a pleasant evening in the confines of the library... and it might have been slightly more entertaining.

Tonight I met DJ down by the library and we went to another of a series of Fringe Festival events. The venue, the Trident, is set up quite nicely for a little sheltered outdoor patio experience. Before the show, we kept getting peeks of the actors, getting set up on either side of the stage (behind tall white walls). I sort of felt like we were seeing the bride before the wedding. DJ thought they were eager and that was a good sign.

My mother taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all.

So after the show, we walked back to the library parking lot and talked for a bit. After the night flies and the 'squitioes snacked on us enough, I drove home under the darkening sky.

2 comments:

Ian said...

"Mah momma alluz said t' me...Lahf is lahk a shit sammich; th' more bread y' have, th' less shitcha haft' eat."

Ian

Anonymous said...

Er . . . it's Monday. :)